8/13/2007

MyFace and Spacebook

Week 3 of our Learning 2.0 activity was on social networking services like Facebook and Twitter. I have been using Facebook since last Fall plus I wrote the exercises so they were a bit of a breeze. ;-)

I think this is a neat tool. It is a lot less busy than MySpace which is Facebook's biggest competitor. Facebook originally started out as mostly a tool for college students and has gradually grown into its own to include people from all walks of life.

In late Spring, Facebook also announced their support for development of third party applications or widgets. I think these have REALLY taken off. There are soooo many more applications in Facebook since I started using the service.

Twitter is the other service focused on in this exercise. I like Twitter and I do "Twit" but I am still interested in the real utility of this microblogging service. I did log into Twittervision to get the real-time map of "what people are doing." It is strangely addictive.

No comments: