I have been a little slack about my blogging. There seems to be a lot of competing priorities but what is new. ;-)
Week 4 of our learning 2.0 journey focused on using tagging and folksonomies for social bookmarking and sharing photos. I have to admit that I have been using Flickr since last fall so I am familiar with the site. I finally bumped up against the free offerings of Flickr and decided to pay the $24 to upgrade to the pro version. I am somewhat torn between just flickring and my $99 DotMac account which I have had for years. I am in time crunch to figure that out as soon as I can but that is another issue. Back to Flickr... I think this is a great way to share photos and link to others with similar interests. Plus I think it gives you the ability to search for different perspectives of the same event. For example, I missed the San Antonio Spurs River Parade after the NBA Finals but I was glad to see the number of photos of the event on Flickr. It is NOT like being there but it was nice to see some pictures that were not just the ones that the media would show.
The other part of Week 4 was using a social bookmarking tool like Flickr. I just recently set up a Del.icio.us account. I am enjoying what I am seeing so far. It is easy to use and easy to tag things of interest PLUS I get to see what my friends are tagging. This can take up some time but I would use it as a tool to keep up to date.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment