8/12/2007

Week 2 of Learning 2.0

Several weeks later on a Sunday night I am finally touching my Learning 2.0 stuff again. This week we are learning about wikis. Aside from Wikipedia, I have used the Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki a fair amount. I think it is a great resource. Meredith Farkas does a great job with some assistance keeping it current.

What did you find interesting about wikis?
I think it wikis are a neat tool. It encourages open collaboration and gives everyone (depending on the wiki restrictions) the ability to add their knowledge to a collective.

What do you think libraries could do with wikis?
I think there is a lot of evidence for using wikis as library subject guides.

How would wikis be useful to you personally?
I have a couple of wikis for my professional association.

Do you see potential uses for wikis?
Yes, I think they are a great way to organize a project or event, collaborate with people, and communicate with intereted parties.

No comments: